One of the best proven methods to recruit panelists is through having a popup on your site. In this article I will go through the implementation process of the popup script Opinodo offer publishers.
It is no secret that one of the best ways to recruit panelists is through having a popup that show a clear message with a clear value proporsition to your audience.
Download of the popup script
When logged into your Opinodo publisher account you have for each of your panels access to download a popup script that can easily be implemented on your site.
You find your popup scripts by going to 1) the Panels tab and then click 2) the Download link for the panel you want to download the script for.
The script will now be downloaded to your computer.
Implementation of the popup script
- Find the place on your computer where your script has been downloaded to.
- Open the script
- Copy all the script code
- Place your script on your sites header between <head> </head>. If you use WordPress you can alternatively place the script in any widget in the header or footer and the script will work fine.
- Test the script by accessing your site in a fresh browser. If your browser allows to open an incognito browser, do this.
The popup should show by default after 5 seconds and only one time per IP per week.
Adjusting the settings of the popup
If you wish to adjust the text in the popup, you are free to do this.
You simply open up the script and then follow the guidelines to changing the settings from the marked code below:
- Red marked text: This is the text that is shown in the popup. You can change this to anything you like. Remember, however, to use html for special characters like the Danish “å” should be “å”.
- Green marked text: This is the links. You can change this to whatever you want. By default the link has your unique referral url (in the test case /?pbid=MTU6c2NyaXB0). Make shure to keep the referral url on your links to track signups to your Opinodo account.
- Yellow marked text: This is the settings of height, position of the popup, background color of the popup, padding etc. You can change this if you know what you are doing.
Testing that your adjustments look great
It is always a good idea to test your settings before you up your script online on your site. An easy way to do this is to go to w3schools.com‘s test editor and simply paste your script code into the editor (remove whatever default code up in the editor first!). Wait 5 seconds for the script to fire.
Inside the editor you can edit all you want in the script until you are happy with the result.
The result in the w3schools.com editor looks like this when it is done right:
As always, if you have any questions or need assistance, we are ready to help you either here in the comments field or by contacting our support desk directly.